WEBINAR – Are you sure your business is resilient for the risks of climate change?
June 7 @ 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDT
POSTPONED TO JUNE 7, 2021
Since the consequences will be experienced sooner than we all believe, we are pleased to invite you for a conversation on climate-related (security) risks with former Commander in Chief of the Dutch Armed Forces Tom Middendorp.
Although COVID19 is a game changer for the economy, it is unfortunately not the only one. More than 50% of the top 10 risks listed in The Global Risk Report of the World Economic Forum are climate related. Hence, business leaders have a responsibility to integrate the impact of climate change, for instance on the supply chain, in their company’s risk assessment and strategy.
This webinar will focus on what could be the foreseeable and unforeseeable climate-related (security) challenges for the transatlantic economies and their businesses as well as how to prepare and/or prevent.
The following questions will be discussed:
- What do we see happening?
- What is it impacting?
- How to prepare/prevent and which measures do other companies already undertake?
- Retired Dutch four-star General Tom Middendorp. With his leading military background Tom is by experience an expert on dealing with uncertainties and how to make policies and operations more resilient. Moreover, he is an eminent subject expert as Chairman of the International Military Council on Climate & Security and as fellow associate/advisor to Clingendael Institute and to The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies.
- Jacques Buith, Global lead partner for the United Nations at Deloitte and EU Green Deal advisor. [Moderation]
The webinar will be split in 3 successive sessions:
- Plenary fireside chat.
- Moderated small-group breakout sessions for exchanging opinions and experience.
- Plenary feedback session.
Who should attend?
This program is exclusively organized for Supervisory and Non-Executive Board Members of international companies active in transatlantic business and invited members of EACC.
This program is brought to you by EACC Netherlands