WEBINAR – Patentability of AI Driven Inventions: The Push for Legislature to Play Catch up
September 22 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Program Brought to you by EACCNY.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is being used more and more to develop new inventions without human aid. But as AI capabilities increase at a rapid pace, patent offices and business leaders around the world face a changing landscape.
The program will provide a look at AI and its effect on commerce (Research & Development), Intellectual Property (IP), and the regulatory framework, including:
● Primary AI issues, including how it is being handled in various countries
● An update on the landmark case, Device for the Autonomous Bootstrapping of Unified Sentience (DABUS) (Thaler v. Iancu) in the U.S. and in Europe
● How the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is tackling the policy and practical issues surrounding AI
● How are corporations using AI and navigating the IP implications?
Join this webinar to learn what practical steps companies can take to position themselves in view of the possible outcomes.
● Philip Hirschhorn, Partner, PANITCH SCHWARZE
● Ryan Abbott, AI Patent Guru
● Denis Dambois, Legal and Policy Officer, DG GROW – Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs Intangible economy / Intellectual Property European Commission
● Krishna Sood, Senior Technology | IP | Data lawyer, MICROSOFT
11:00am EDT / 17:00 CET
EACC Members: Free
EACC non-Members: Free