- Sorry you missed this event, however, you can watch it NOW on our EACC YouTube Channel.
The 2020 Wrap-up: A Look at the EU’s Agenda on Key Regulatory & Economic Issues and Their Financial Impacts
November 10 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST
This EACC webinar is brought to you by the EACC New York.
Recent changes to the regulatory landscape in Europe and the U.S. are bound to impact the global economy; and Europe’s agenda for the next few months will play a major role in transatlantic relations. Investment Transactions, Privacy Issues, Trade Agreements, Distressed Sales, Cross-border Restructurings – the remainder of 2020 will be full of challenges and opportunities across all industries. This webinar will address key components in how best to handle cross-border matters during these unprecedented times while navigating the legal and financial obstacles across the two continents.
EU Financial Recovery Package
• The €857B Recovery Package: Groundbreaking stimulus to stabilize the EU Economy. A discussion on the latest news and how transatlantic transactions may be impacted.
Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and What the Future Holds
• Recent development enforcement in the EU.
• Transatlantic Data Movement: The CJEU ruling on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield; steps to adjust current practices.
Restructurings & Acquisitions
• Restructuring and COVID-19: A discussion on the Scheme of Arrangements in Europe vs. Chapter 11 in the U.S., and how best to cleanse assets in a cross-border distressed sale. Considerations for choosing Europe over the U.S. for insolvency, bankruptcy, and restructuring proceedings.
• Acquisition by EU governments, utilizing EU funds, of significant stakes in European private companies in an effort to hold off bankruptcy.
Brexit: Ongoing Negotiations Between the UK and EU
• The latest on Brexit and the effects on the issues addressed above.
• Agnieszka Rafalska, Transaction Counsel (Private Equity), APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT, INC
• Kris Orsini, Counselor, Economic and Financial Affairs, DELEGATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION TO THE U.S.
• Daniel Rücker, Partner, NOERR LLP
• Juan Oñate, Partner, PÉREZ-LLORCA